Ackman to Ruhle: I would work with Icahn on a future dealVW Staff
In an interview with Bloomberg’s Stephanie Ruhle live from the Sohn conference today, Pershing Square’s Bill Ackman said, it is possible he would work with Carl Icahn on a future deal. Ackman also said:
– 30-year fixed mortgage bedrock of housing system
– Fannie Mae / Federal National Mortgage Assctn Fnni Me (OTCBB:FNMA), Freddie Mac Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp (OTCBB:FMCC) should go back to guaranteeing mortgages
– Reformed Fannie, Freddie only way to preserve 30-yr
– American International Group Inc (NYSE:AIG), Citi Playbook should apply at Freddie, Fannie.
– Pershing Sq. not lobbying on Freddie, Fannie.
– No ‘viable alternatives’ to Fannie, Freddie.
– Allergan, Inc. (NYSE:AGN) should sit down with Valent for talks
– Likes exiting target CEO Steinhafel ‘a lot’, is a ‘talented guy.’
Ackman: I Think I Would Work With Icahn:
Ackman: No Viable Alternatives to Fannie & Freddie: