Hedge Funds Struggle With Short Yuan TradeRupert Hargreaves
Hedge Funds Struggle With Short Yuan Trade
Fighting a central bank is a tough battle to win, especially for a hedge fund with limited capital. But betting against the yuan is one of the hottest trades on Wall Street right now, with many of the hedge fund industry’s biggest stars claiming that they are short the currency.
However, in recent weeks, the People’s Bank of China has stepped up its efforts to stabilise the country’s exchange rate and now speculators are being forced to look for yuan proxies to bet against instead.
If you're interested in reading more about the short yuan trade, which has been called the trade of the century, you can do so at the links below:
- Horseman Global Fund Ltd January 2016 Letter: Long Bonds, Short Equities And Yuan
- Kyle Bass Explains The Yuan Short Bet [VIDEO]
- Mark Hart: The Yuan Devaluation Still Has 50% To Go
- Horseman Capital: The Yen and the Yuan Likely to Move Another 25%
- Odey Still Bearish Says Yuan Will Have To Fall “By At Least 30%”
This content is exclusively for paying members. Access all of our content on including years of timeless investment news and in depth analysis for only a few dollars a month by signing up here while also supporting quality content and journalism, or learn more about our premium content here
If you are subscribed and having an account error please clear cache and then cookies if that does not work email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quick as humanly possible