How To Build A Royalty Company… And Keep Your CashCapitalist Exploits
The team is really important in the mining space, you see far too many examples of great assets that haven’t been fully capitalized on because of the underlying team. You’ve also seen great teams able to build companies where they’ve had relatively modest initial underlying assets.
Dan O’Flaherty is the CEO of Maverix Metals, a royalty and streaming company based in Vancouver, Canada.
Maverix was founded just two years ago by ex-Pan American Silver CEO, Geoff Burns, who brought on Dan as the company’s first CEO. Since then Maverix has been on an aggressive acquisition spree acquiring some of the most lucrative streaming and royalty packages in the sector. In this conversation we discuss:
- What exactly does an investment banker do all day?
- How Maverix was able to complete numerous transactions while paying next to nothing in cash.
- Why the royalty sector presents a particularly appealing opportunity for investors.
- Why companies choose to sell or “spin out” their royalty portfolios.
- What Dan looks for when he invests his personal capital in the mining sector.
Dan has had an impressive career in the mining space, and only just getting started. He has a deep knowledge of mining finance and a tonne of great advice to offer listeners.
Enjoy the show!
Article by Capitalist Exploits