5 Highlights of Warren Buffett Interview on CNBC August 30, 2018Dr. David Kass
Warren Buffett was interviewed on CNBC on August 30, 2018, his 88th birthday.
The 5 highlights were:
(1) Stocks are currently more attractive than fixed income or real estate.
(2) Buffett recently purchased additional shares of Apple. The value of an iPhone to the user far exceeds its cost of $1,000.
(3) Berkshire has recently bought back some of its shares since they were priced below their intrinsic value.
(4) Berkshire owns about 9 1/2% of each of the four major airlines and wishes to keep its stakes below 10% to avoid additional regulations.
(5) Packaged food companies are not as attractive as they used to be because retailers are “beating up” on brands.