Hurricanes And MarketsGuest Post
Article by RCM Alternatives
With Hurricane Florence barrling down on the Carolinas as we type this… we rounded up all our past musings on how hurricanes and markets have gotten along in the past. Hang in there Carolinians (is that a thing), we’ll be rooting for you.
And thought to share a few essential links for keeping tabs on market-moving tropical weather:
- The best site for all things hurricane: The Category6 Blog on Dr. Jeff Masters’ Weather Undergournd. . He’ll even have some posts on there about droughts, frost, etc.
- Of course, for the latest meteorological update, the National Weather Service National Hurricane Center has you covered.
- For up-to-the minute satellite images and image loops, the NOAA has you covered with their GOES East image viewer.
- How it affects the markets = Bespoke Weather Blog
- How it affects energy prices = Platt’s Oil
Here’s hoping the storm doesn’t cause major damage and that the region can bounce back quickly. Until then, for all our readers in the path of the storm: stay safe!