Macro-Economic Dashboard September 2018Ritesh Jain
Summary of observations- Green giving way to Amber and Red
- August Nikkei Services PMI came at 51.5 vs 54.2 in the previous month, a 5% monthly drop.
- Sovereign bond yields are at the highest level since 2014 and on top of that most of the borrowing is scheduled in second half .
- Commercial paper issuances slowing down
- Current account deficit concerns cropping up ( not in the data).
- Depreciating currency leading to higher imported inflation
India’s economic data has shown steady improving up till now because of strong combination of consumer spending and govt spending. This is the first time I am having Amber and Red on my radar.
Article by Ritesh Jain, World Out Of Whack