ETF NewsGuest Post
We wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous 2019!
Voting for the ETF Express Awards 2019 Survey is closing on Jan. 15, 2019. The survey is designed to assess the best ETF providers, exchanges, products and research providers in a range of categories covering the entire ETF space from Oct 2017 to Oct 2018. Issuers, exchanges and service providers are welcome to nominate their own funds/firms – with relevant justification.
We were hoping that you might consider giving ETFGI your support by nominating ETFGI in the “Best ETF Research Provider” category – #32 in the survey.
You can vote for one, some or all of the categories in the survey, and any individual or organisation is free to participate.
The deadline for nominations is 15th January 2019.
The team at ETFGI thank you for your support.
If you are interested in having your “industry news” listed here, please contact [email protected].
Globally, 6 new ETFs/ETPs were listed and there were 12 new cross-listings during the week of December 31th.
- New ETF regulatory filings
To receive details on new ETF regulatory filings please contact [email protected] to pay for a subscription to the premium version of the ETFGI weekly newsletter.
First Trust launched the First Trust Low Duration Strategic Focus ETF
- First Trust Advisors announced that it has launched a new actively managed exchange-traded fund, the First Trust Low Duration Strategic Focus ETF (LDSF).
- The fund seeks to achieve these objectives by allocating primarily among First Trust ETFs, but may also include other ETFs representing various asset classes, aimed at providing diversification benefits and less interest rate sensitivity when compared to traditional core fixed income benchmarks over
- The fund is managed by First Trust Advisors L.P., with selection and portfolio decisions made by an Investment Committee, using an investment process that combines bottom-up fundamental credit analysis with disciplined portfolio
- Link to the news’ source
First Trust International IPO ETF changes name
- As previously announced, the Board of Trustees of First Trust Exchange-Traded Fund II approved a name change for First Trust International IPO ETF (FPXI), a series of the Trust. The new name of the Fund will be First Trust International Equity Opportunities ETF. The new name will be effective on the Fund’s exchange at the opening of trading on Wednesday, January 2,
- The Fund seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield (before the Fund’s fees and expenses) of an index called the IPOX International Index. The Index that the Fund tracks is not changing its name or methodology. The Fund’s ticker symbol and CUSIP are not changing.
Exchange Traded Concepts to close and liquidate the ProSports Sponsors ETF
- After careful consideration, Exchange Traded Concepts, LLC, the Fund’s investment adviser, in consultation with SportsETFs, LLC, the Fund’s index provider, has recommended, and the Board of Trustees of Exchange Listed Funds Trust has approved, the termination and liquidation of the Fund pursuant to the terms of a Plan of Liquidation. Accordingly, the Fund is expected to cease operations and liquidate on or about January 17,
- The Fund will be closed to orders for new creation units on January 8, 2019, and the last day of trading the Fund’s shares on the Cboe BZX Exchange, Inc. will be January 15, 2019. Customary brokerage charges may apply to such transactions. For the distribution, the ex-dividend date will be January 14, 2019, the record date will be January 15, 2019, and the pay date will be January 17, 2019.
- Link to the news’ source
WisdomTree funds added to pershing FundVest ETF platform
- WisdomTree announced that eight U.S.-listed WisdomTree ETFs have been added to BNY Mellon’s Pershing FundVest® ETF, a no-transaction-fee ETF
- WisdomTree’s addition brings the total number of fund providers on the FundVest ETF platform, which launched in June 2017, to
- The following WisdomTree ETFs are now available on FundVest ETF:
Harvest announced changes to ETF risk ratings of certain ETFs plus an ETF termination
- Harvest Portfolios Group Inc. (“Harvest”) announces the following changes to the risk ratings of certain Harvest exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
- The risk rating for Harvest US Bank Leaders Income ETF (TSX: HUBL and HUBL.U) will increase from “medium to high” to “high”.
- The risk rating for Harvest European Leaders Income ETF (TSX: HEUR) will increase from “medium” to “medium to high”.
- The risk rating for Harvest Global Resource Leaders ETF (TSX: HRES) will increase from “medium to high” to “high”.
- No changes have been made to the investment objectives or strategies of these ETFs. A summary of the risk rating classification methodology and the investment objectives and strategies of the ETFs can be found in each ETF’s most recently filed
- Link to the news’ source
A comprehensive guide to Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) Book. CFA Research Foundation by Joanne Hill, Dave Nadig, Matt Hougan and Deborah Fuhr contributing an appendix on international ETFs. CFA. Read more.
Global ETFs/ETPs Industry Leads Global Hedge Fund Industry By $1 Trillion For The First Time. Seeking Alpha. Read more.
FCA Report: Active Funds Are Still ‘Playing Catch Up’ With ETFs, Claim Industry Experts. Seeking Alpha. Read more.
ETF Industry Hopes CBI Paper Will ‘Put ETF Misconceptions To Bed’. Seeking Alpha. Read more.
Indexing will get bigger, more diverse, Interview with Deborah Fuhr, Managing Partner ETFGI, Vanguard ETF Perspectives for Financial Advisors. Read more.
New report has been published – the ETFGI Institutional users of ETFs and ETPs 2016 report service. ETFGI’s Institutional Users of ETFs and ETPs report examines the use of exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and exchange- traded products (ETPs) by institutional investors globally from 2009 through 2016. Read more and subscribe.
Article by ETFGI