The Benefits Of Developing In JavaJacob Wolinsky
Java is widely accepted and a favorite of developers due to its programming and design features. It also helps that it allows building a single program that can run anywhere. It is the go-to programming language for a Java development company for network computers and considered a universal front-end for databases built for enterprises. Why? Here are some of the reasons.
But first – what exactly is Java?
Java is a class-based, general-purpose, object-oriented computer programming language. A team led by James Gosling initiated Java in 1991 and specifically designed it for new implementation dependencies. This programming language is not dependent on any specific software or hardware and was instead designed for the development of applications.
It is not only a programming language, but also includes a variety of tools to help with the development process, such as the Java Development Kit, Java Runtime Environment, and Integrated Development Environment.
Many of today’s popular applications are still using Java. Incredibly well known desktop-based applications such as Microsoft Word and web-based applications like Google Docs are both still using Java to run. Both applications benefit from Java’s ease of use for design and development, and its many organizational features.
The Benefits of Java Development
Even at its respectable age, Java continues to offer many significant advantages over other programming languages.
- Object-Oriented Programming – Object-oriented programming means that the data structure becomes an object in itself that is manipulatable to create relationships between several objects. The benefits of using object-oriented programming also include easy reuse of objects in other programs, error prevention thanks to hidden information that should not be easily accessed, simple maintenance and legacy code modernization, and organization and preplanning for projects of any size.
- Security – Both the Java language and the platform itself keep security as the number one priority. Java’s platform allows users to access and download untrusted code over a network that can then run in a secure environment. This prevents malicious code and cybersecurity threats from doing any harm as they cannot infect the host system or read/write files on the hard drive. The “Security Manager” creates a separate policy where specific access rules are then written for each application.
- Enterprise Computing – The greatest asset of the platform is Java’s enterprise application development capabilities. It supports a multitude of libraries that help developers build and run nearly any function that a company of any size may need.
- Platform Independency – The “Write Once, Run Anywhere” motto describes
Java’s cross-platform capabilities. This means that Java platforms only need to create an application on one operating system, compiled to bytecode (a portable intermediate), and then run on any other platform that can support the Java Virtual Machine. All of the major operating systems of today, including Windows, Mac OS, and Linux, support JVM.
- Programming for Networks – Java’s designers made sure that the platform and language are totally network-centric. This makes it incredibly simple for developers to work with resources located across a network and easy to create applications that are network-based while using multi-tier architectures.
- Simplified Remote Collaboration – Java features an integrated mechanism for the sharing and distribution of data and programs across many computers. This makes it a distributed language that improves efficiency and performance when used on many computers. Other programming languages may require external APIs to be able to accomplish such a task, but Java offers this feature at its core in its Remote Method Invocation ability.
- Community – The Java community and Oracle’s support have kept this platform going for such an extended period of time. Java’s developer community is a large network of well-tested libraries and frameworks for nearly any use case. Additionally, it is one of the first languages that beginning developers may encounter as they learn. As a high-level language, it closely resembles human language, making it much easier to learn to read, write, and maintain for devs.
- Cost-Effective – Applications and software must go through thorough testing on every browser and environment possible before hitting the market. Java allows for the completion of a project through one single application, eliminating the need for specific browser and version testing. This shortens the troubleshooting and quality assurance process, thus lowering overall costs.
Java Development Services
Java is a favorite among developers even at its advanced age as it continues to be an elegant language paired with powerful, well-designed APIs. Java development company programmers, such as those at BairesDev, enjoy its ease of use and the quickly developed results with the language.
Its robustness, overall ease-of-use, cross-platform capabilities, and impressive security features make it a language that will continue to provide solutions for companies across the world now and for the foreseeable future.