Half Moon Capital Returns 12.2% In 2020 Despite Short Position Drag – ValueWalk Premium
Half Moon Capital

Half Moon Capital Returns 12.2% In 2020 Despite Short Position Drag

Eric DeLamarter's Half Moon Capital produced a return of 8% net of fees in the fourth quarter of 2020, bringing the full-year return to 12.2%, according to a copy of its fourth-quarter letter, which ValueWalk has been able to review. The fund maintained an average net exposure of 45% during the period.

Q4 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more

Long positions generated a 33.9% gross gain for the fund in 2020, bringing the long book's performance since inception to 438.7%, the letter noted. Short positions detracted 32.9% from performance over the year.

At the end of 2020, the long/short equity fund had gross long exposure 75% and short exposure 15%, giving total gross exposure 90% and 60% on a net basis.

The best performing investment in Half Moon's long portfolio for the fourth quarter was

SORRY!

This content is exclusively for paying members.

If you are subscribed and having an account error please clear cache and cookies if that does not work email [email protected] or click Chat.


X
Saved Articles
X
TextTExtLInkTextTExtLInk

The top investors are reading ValuewalkPremium.

Click here to learn why

0