Chuck Akre: "The Peregrinations Of An English Major Trying To Solve The Investment Puzzle"VW Staff
Chuck established Akre Capital Management in 1989 and, for a time, operated it as part of Friedman, Billings, Ramsey & Co. In 2000, Akre Capital Management again became independent and established its current location in Middleburg, VA in 2002. Chuck holds a B.A. in English Literature from American University.
Chuck discusses the following in his talk:
- I started with zero knowledge
- I needed to figure out what made a good investor
- What made a good investment?
- How do you measure the success of a private business, with no share price discovery?
- What are real returns over time?
- Why is this the case?
- There a lots of way to get to heaven (Nirvana)
- The magic of compounding
- There is no correct answer!