Hunting For The World’s Next Great Copper MineCapitalist Exploits
Teo Dechev is the President & CEO of Mundoro Capital, a Canadian mineral exploration company focused on copper discovery in Eastern Europe’s Tethyan Belt. In this conversation we discuss:
- Why the Tethyan belt is one of the most exciting exploration regions in the world.
- Why Teo’s background makes her uniquely suited for navigating the challenges and opportunities present in Serbia and Bulgaria.
- How to identify hire and retain great in country technical teams.
- Why Teo signed joint venture agreements with both JOGMEC and Freeport McMoRan and how this allows Mundoros to leverage its existing capital.
- Why Teo believes a technical education is a huge advantage, regardless of ones chosen profession.
- How Teo went from commodities trader, to research analyst and finally CEO.
- Advice for the next generation of female leaders in the mining industry.
- What’s next for Mundoro Capital.
- And much more.
This was a very fun conversation, and one that sheds a lot of light on a region that I believe will be producing some of the world’s biggest discoveries over the coming decade.
PS: You can also check us out on iTunes here.
Article by Capitalist Exploits